† Sacred HOT †
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends 10f44z9
† Sacred HOT †
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends 10f44z9
† Sacred HOT †
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Guest-Guest-Guest-Guest-Guest "Happy 1st Anniversary!" Guest-Guest-Guest-Guest-Guest

Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends

Go down 
+13
fiboy_171
fatal.errOr.exdee ت
Tin Yu :)
Lyn Yu :)
♥ XOXO™
♥ YAMYAMCϋ :)
26k04v3r
Msavie13
mxsyzah
Eclipse
louisa
Timothy™
PERJOHN357
17 posters
AuthorMessage
PERJOHN357
PERJOHN357

Male
> : ILY bby!
Contribution :
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Right_bar_bleue
Forum Warnings :
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Right_bar_bleue

Reg. Date : 2009-04-08
Pet : Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends We010

Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Empty
PostSubject: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 5:18 pm

In this tutorial I’m going to show you how to create the image above using a combination of glows and blends in 7 steps. All the files for this tutorial are at the bottom of this post.

I was watching an advert on BBC 2 (in the UK) for the new series of Heroes and it had a great animation of the number 2. Check the BBC2 Heroes website for an idea of what i’m talking about. So I thought I’d try to create something similar.

Step 1

Create a new blank psd file with the background set to black. Create a new layer and fill it with a radial gradient of green/blue to black originating from the right of the image and then set the layer opacity to 30%

Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Step1

Step 2

Create 3 new radial fills going from red to transparent, green to transparent and blue to transparent, and place them within their own group
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Step2

Step 3

Create a new layer, set the foreground and background colors to mid gray and black respectively, then go filter > render > clouds
Then still on this layer go filter > noise >add noise and add noise of 4% with a gaussian distribution and tick monochromatic
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Step3a

Finally set this new layer to overlay with an opacity of 70%
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Step3b

Step 4

Create the shape of the number 2 on a new layer.

Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Step4-300x236

You can use one of your pre-installed fonts, however if you don’t think you’ve got the right font, draw your own using the pen tool. For the shape below I used franklin gothic font set to 800 px in size. Then converted the text into a path, and modified the individual points using the direct selection tool to a shape I was happy with. Next, I turned the path into a live selection. Lastly I filled that selection with the color black in a new layer.

Add inner and outer glows using layer styles to the number 2 (double click on the layer in the layer panel).

Outer glow settings:

Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Step4b

inner glow settings:

Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Step4c

Step 5

Using a white brush tool with 0% hardness paint strokes around the edges of the 2 on several new layers. Try experimenting with the smudge tool as well to push the paint around a bit.

Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Step5

Now set each highlight layer to overlay and experiment with the opacity levels to achieve a look similar to that below. For a slight color alteration I added a pale orange color overlay in layer styles to each layer.

Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Step5b

Step 6

Create some funky lines to the rop right of the 2 on a new layer. To create these lines I used a brush set called winter breeze which you can find in the previous post 10 Groovy Brushes for Photoshop

Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Step6

Then create a layer mask for the new layer to hide the new lines which are visible over the 2 itself. Finally, in layer styles set a color overlay to yellow and an inner glow of mid orange and experiment with the choke and size settings to produce something like below:
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Step6b

Step 7

Now the final step, create a new layer yet again, fill it with black and go filter > render > lens flare and accept the default settings. Move the lens flare to an appropriate position then set the blend mode to linear dodge.

Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Step7

And that’s it guys yer done!
credits to pstutorials and me!

The site where the 2 exists.lol!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/heroes/
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/perjohn357
Timothy™
Timothy™

Male
> : My Life Would Suck Without You
Contribution :
Forum Warnings :

Reg. Date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 11:23 am

NONCENSE
BUT NICE ONE
bbq
Back to top Go down
louisa
SH G.O.H Moderator
louisa

Female
Mood : hot
> : I love Sacred HOT turutututut XD
Contribution :
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Right_bar_bleue
Forum Warnings :
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Right_bar_bleue

Reg. Date : 2009-06-20
Pet : Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Wew1510

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:18 pm

cooL

slmat sa share peace1
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/imlouisa
Eclipse
Most Valuable Poster
Most Valuable Poster
Eclipse

Male
Mood : Sad
> : I'm back. ;)
Contribution :
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Right_bar_bleue
Forum Warnings :
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Right_bar_bleue

Pet : Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Wew1810

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 12:33 pm

enx for this. XD
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/57790908
mxsyzah
GFX Designer
mxsyzah

Female
> : I love SACRED HOT.
Contribution :
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Right_bar_bleue
Forum Warnings :

Reg. Date : 2009-02-10
Pet : Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Wew5811

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:46 am

nice one
Back to top Go down
Msavie13
Msavie13

> : I love Sacred HOT
Contribution :
Forum Warnings :

Reg. Date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 12:20 pm

tnx phu sa share :))
godbless :))
Back to top Go down
26k04v3r
Vip Member
26k04v3r

Female
Mood : sad :((
> :
i am busy at school

Contribution :
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Right_bar_bleue
Forum Warnings :

Reg. Date : 2009-06-18
Pet : Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Wew2810

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:54 am

cool sparkling :D
thanks for that men
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/bebe26poreberr
Inzezxa of SH
Inzezxa of SH

Female
Mood : damn iNLOVE with my MAN :)
> : imy soomats ES EYCH :*
Contribution :
Forum Warnings :

Reg. Date : 2009-06-29
Pet : Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Wew9410

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:44 pm

momotzs xa share .. hihi :D
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/acuxihyamyamcu
♥ XOXO™
Vip Member
♥ XOXO™

Female
Mood : BitterSweet
> : A Word UGLY Never Starts Wid "I" , it Starts Wid "U" =))
Contribution :
Forum Warnings :

Reg. Date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 2:58 pm

xolomot ;))
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/bloodynapkinxd
louisa
SH G.O.H Moderator
louisa

Female
Mood : hot
> : I love Sacred HOT turutututut XD
Contribution :
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Right_bar_bleue
Forum Warnings :
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:47 am

nice nice . slmt ule XD
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/imlouisa
Vip Member •
Vip Member •

Female
Mood : tmad :)
> :

*RHiA.<3's.SH
2 n e 4

ang LABO
mo teh.
hahaha! :))

Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends 2354684eohrnklwgf
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends 344207k927eh5sv6

Contribution :
Forum Warnings :

Reg. Date : 2009-06-17
Pet : Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Wew5310

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:09 pm

wow.
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/lyntoni
Vip Member

Male
Mood : killing you! XD
> :
facebook:
search"martin utootin"

Contribution :
Forum Warnings :

Reg. Date : 2009-07-13
Pet : Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Wew7710

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 6:53 pm

how nice love it tnx!

iwant more more
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/link047
fatal.errOr.exdee ت
Promoter
fatal.errOr.exdee ت

Male
Mood : LOL
> :
CURRENT MOOD :

tawa

happie xD

Contribution :
Forum Warnings :

Reg. Date : 2009-07-08
Pet : Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Wew410

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:39 pm

nayx ..
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/errorkid
fiboy_171
SH Geek
fiboy_171

Male
Mood : Happy
> : I love Sacred HOT
Contribution :
Forum Warnings :

Reg. Date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 am

nice one ,..

tnx for sharing ,..
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/fraiza08
Flora x)
Vip Member •
Vip Member •
Flora x)

Female
Mood : Blissful
> : mamamia papapia, baby got a diarrhea XD
Contribution :
Forum Warnings :

Reg. Date : 2009-07-22
Pet : Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Wew1210

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:45 am

cheer

whoa !! cool. thumbs up !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/florayxd
jhimace
Promoter
jhimace

Male
> : SH ruLe!!
Contribution :
Forum Warnings :

Reg. Date : 2009-06-30
Pet : Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Wew9310

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:14 am

karapat-dapat kang icLap cLap.. cheer1
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/snickers07
rhea (:
rhea (:

Female
Mood : thinking.
> : my lips like sugar.. XD
Contribution :
Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Right_bar_bleue
Forum Warnings :

Reg. Date : 2009-07-25
Pet : Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Wew3610

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:20 am

wow, ang kyut ng effects (:
thanks for this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendster.com/pinkiyhang
irish_bacal
irish_bacal

Female
Mood : Happy
> : finding the right boyfriend (:
Contribution :
Forum Warnings :

Reg. Date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:16 pm

whoa!
nice kuya!
i like the sparkling things :D
Back to top Go down
http://profiles.friendster.com/kawaiiirish
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends   Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tutorial: Striking Text Effect Using Glows and Blends
Page 1 of 1